The library board meets the third Wednesday of the month at 4pm in the Community Room, lower level of the library.
There are nine library board members. It consists of:
- Six city representatives appointed by the Mayor of the City of Merrill.
- Two county representatives appointed by the Chair of the County Board.
- Superintendent of Merrill Area Public Schools or their appointee.
- Understand the Roles and Laws Governing Wisconsin Public Libraries and Library Boards
- Prepare for and Attend Regular Board meetings
- Obtain Adequate Library Funding and Assist with the Library Budget
- Hire and Supervise the Library Director
- Develop and Approve Library Policies
- Meet the Service Needs of the Community
- Advocate for the Library